Search the internet for “link building services” and you will come across 55 million results. Most of the companies out there provide SEO services to others in return for cash, but have never made a website rank high to save their life! That is a fact.
A lot of SEO companies ambitiously start spamming other websites in order to make the client’s website rank high in a short period of time. The result? Client’s website gets banned by Google for excessive black hat tactics.
So as a website owner, the risks for you are many. It therefore pays to make sure you have a reliable SEO team in place which has a proven track record.
Before you hire an SEO consultant or team, talk to them on PHONE and clarify the following points with them:
1. What measures will they take to make your website rank high? If they guarantee that your website will be ranked number 1 in a week, move on to another company.
2. Ask them the difference between black hat and white hat SEO tactics. Although SEO companies know how to use these terms, they really cannot tell you the differences between the two.
3. Ask them to show you previous rankings they were able to achieve.
4. If they submit to 4000 website directories, they really are not adding any value and might even get your website banned by Google.
5. First give them a test project, and only when they are able to provide results should you give them more projects.